Friday 11 November 2016

The CICERO of our land ALAGBA EBUN AROWOSEGBE.

HIN KU AYEYE ODUN OJO UBI ALAGBA EBUN AROWOSEGBE
The arrival of this august day of celebration has long been my worry,not of negative thought but of whom will deem qualify to pay back the good deeds, commitment, dedication and selfless service being rendered by this great Cicero of our Land, definitely no one....taken up this responsibility would have been my greatest joy and the greatest achievement in the field of writing but the more I desire, the more I see myself as a disqualified candidate of the task of shouldering the load of putting up a benefiting write up to celebrate our Cicero not of Esa-Oke this time but that of Ipoti-Ekiti, Ebun Arowosegbe linage could not be reliably link to Ikene of Ogun state, we would have taught that the Oratory blood of Chief Obafemi Awolowo flows in his vein neither could we link his source to Ile Ibinu (Benin City) which would have made us think of Hon. Patric , No!!! that is not even possible for his write ups are easy, enjoyable, understandable that need not the latex version of Oxford dictionary or a professor of linguistic from university of Lagos to interpret.. we are proud of you for your source is traceable and a rare community man you are of Ule ASA, How I wish am more equip with a better gadget to have enough time to dig deep into your personality..but the bigger boys of osodi proofed more smarter than I think I do...the more I think of myself qualified , the more limitations I encounter, the little age on my own side is my first limitation, this has undoubtedly brought a stumbling block to the strength I erroneously presumed to have acquired in course of writing, for a story can only be best told by a real witness of the event to be narrated, telling about you would only amount to narrating the story of when my father was 10 years old and when my mother was still innocently moving around the house with just a pant, a baby need not be told that such story of mine would gallantly amount to nothing but ordinary feeble full of hearsays and lies.. I may not know you in person but your personality I do know in diaspora, my 8 years of personal relationship with the Arowosegbes has unquestionably brought out the best in me..may be I should start by telling how I was given a letter by our Mummy in lagos Mrs Oni (mummy Amuwo-Odofin) to Mr Arowosegbe now Dr Arowosegbe (Professor in view by God grace ) of University of Ado- Ekiti now Ekiti state University..on getting to Unad I headed to the department of plant science i was referred to without giving in to the university side attraction and met the person named in the letter, I was warmly welcome and even invited to his house where I was entertained like a prince of England being welcome in the white house of the United State to be soon occupied by Donald trump the once rejected candidate of the Republican, my plan was to SLEEP OVER, I already spent a semester close to the count of 4 months before I knew i was not just passing a night but already spent over 4 moon, they seemed not comfortable with my decision to move to the school environment for they never complain for staying with them, I looked fresher than a student during my staying with them for there was no noticeable difference from being at home, I eat Ubepe as if I was plucking it at Ugbo Ojumu (Oko Awodo), the compound is full of that and banana as well, I became part of the family and I was even taken as the first born of the house even though they never knew about my existence prior the day we met...the house was my refuge every weekend throughout my 4 years stay in Unad even till now and there I was opportuned to meet the celebrant of today during the lunching of Mrs Arowosegbe first Album titled OMO ALASE though I was not aware of his personality for if I was aware I would have jumped at him..Sir, writing about you would be an attempt which could not be differentiated from that health record officer with just a year of work experience trying to prescribe a drug to a sick medical Doctor of Over 20 years of professional experience, yielding to such prescription would be suicidal...you are a personality to be emulated for your writing prowess challenged me that if a financial and credit management expert of your caliber could be this perfect then the young and fresh blood flowing in me could learn and know more than CREDIT THE INCOME AND DEBIT THE EXPENSES for life is more than principle of double entry even though it is true that everything that have a debit entry must have a corresponding credit entry. Sir, on this special day of yours i wish you nothing But the best in life and you will continue to enjoy the goodness of God in your life and that of your family both nuclear and extended ..I call on good people to join me in celebrating the CICERO of our land. HBD sir.
(c) Gbenga Ayenco Ayeni

No comments:

Post a Comment